Lightbearers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are the lightbearers, to bring the light to the darkest reaches of the galaxy.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Idea for a small (one-on-one?) story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Liamore
Recruit
Recruit

Idea for a small (one-on-one?) story Empty
PostSubject: Idea for a small (one-on-one?) story   Idea for a small (one-on-one?) story EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:21 am

So, late last night, after leaving our illustrous group and going to bed, I had an idea for RPing; actually it's just a very rough outline.

Basically, I thought of it as a one-on-one thing, a) because of the possibility of laying a foundation for romance (it's not a necessity; I know how awkward it feels when it's forced and it's only gonna happen if the chemistry's right and we don't rush it) and
b), more importantly, because I'm not too comfortable with bigger groups (again (yet)). For the last two years or so, I've only been doing one-on-ones and I've never done a 'live' RP ever before so I find it hard to write quickly enough, because right now I take my sweet time doing so and just can't keep up with the many parallel conversations. Doesn't mean I don't wanna get used to it or that I wouldn't participate in group RPs, but if it's my idea and I end up somewhat moderating it, I just want to feel comfortable doing so and try to gradually adapt to the new environment.

SO: The idea is: There's a mission to decimate the Black Sun on Coruscant and find somebody/something in the Silent Sun bar; that leads us to believe that there's some connection between the Black Sun and the Empire, leading us to a small Imperial base on Ord Mantell where we find clues of weapon and intel trades, basically the infiltration of the Republic's underworld... and that's pretty much all I got right now. I think I fell asleep after that thought came up. Either that or it was the deep conversation I imagined to take place on the shores of Ord Mantell that kept me busy for some time. ^^

I'm not really good at being a GM, so this is something we organize and flesh out together. I don't want my partner to feel that my character is somehow more important. I want this to be fun, to be a chance for two characters to interact intimately (i.e. through fighting together, watching each other's backs, talking, getting to know each other), so not in the sexual sense, since I think it feels staged and stupid when it says "What's your name?" at the upper end of the chat window and "I love you so much!" at the bottom. I enjoy stuff like that but, again, we'd just have to see if it works out or not. Flirting would definitely be a possibility.

I hope I didn't make it sound too boring. Feel free to comment and volunteer.
Back to top Go down
Shinkay
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a small (one-on-one?) story   Idea for a small (one-on-one?) story EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:19 am

Since my Rp years are ahead of me and the only Rp I have ever done is in TOR I would like to volunteer to join you in this mission and get some Rp experience!All of the problems you point out I have them to and many more, so this shuld be a win-win situation. If you think you need a more exp R Player to actually have someone to learn from that's fine by me.
Back to top Go down
Liamore
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a small (one-on-one?) story   Idea for a small (one-on-one?) story EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:58 am

Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't read this until now. I hope you didn't think I ignored your message earlier when we were both ingame.

I'd be happy to play with you. Smile
You know I didn't mean it THAT way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a small (one-on-one?) story   Idea for a small (one-on-one?) story Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea for a small (one-on-one?) story
Page 1 of 1